One of the most common questions we get here at Tuxgear, Inc., is why a customer should purchase a boys’ tuxedo or boys’ suit for a wedding or special event when it is seemingly so easy to rent one from a local vendor. To address this critical question, we sat down with Tuxgear, Inc. Chief Executive Officer, Sandy Lindley, a formal wear expert with over three decades in the industry, and we asked her to provide us with a few major reasons to BUY and never RENT your boys’ fashion suit or boys’ tuxedo. Her answers provided amazing insight we felt compelled to share with any customer in the market for boys’ tuxedo or boys’ suit, especially if your little man has the honor of being the ringbearer at any upcoming wedding.
Q: MY SON IS GOING TO BE A RINGBEARER AT A WEDDING IN A FEW MONTHS. WHY SHOULD WE BUY A BOYS’ TUXEDO FROM TUXGEAR, INC. INSTEAD OF JUST GOING TO THE FORMALWEAR STORE HERE IN OUR HOMETOWN TO RENT THE BOYS’ TUXEDO THAT HE PROBABLY WILL ONLY WEAR FOR ONE DAY?
A: GREAT QUESTION! IT IS CERTAINLY A QUESTION MANY OF OUR TUXGEAR, INC. CUSTOMERS ASK ME EVERY DAY WHEN TAKING CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLS. HERE ARE THE ESSENTIALS FOR WHY IT IS POSITIVELY IMPERATIVE TO BUY RATHER THAN RENT YOUR BOYS’ TUXEDO FOR THE BIG DAY!
- Rental Retailers are expensive. Whether the family of the ringbearer must bear the cost or the bride and groom bear the cost of the rental, either would be lucky to find a traditional tuxedo or wedding day suit with all of the accessories for less than $100. At Tuxgear, we are consistently secret-shopping our competitors, especially those in the rental industry, and this past week, we could not find such a rental suit for less than $150 in or 3T, 4T, or a 5T size. Those expenses only increase when families wait until the last minute to rent the tuxedo. So, if you have a wedding that is not planned six months to a year in advance, the reality is you are assuredly going to pay more at Rental Retailer. At Tuxgear, our product prices never increase whether you plan to marry in one year or one week from your order date, and we can get you a Tuxedo crafted especially for your child, one that will not require week’s works of costly alternations, on your doorstep the very next day after your place your order. Planning ahead is never a bad thing, and we encourage our Tuxgear customers to take advantage of our unique over order policy that allows families to order one to two additional sizes of the same tuxedo or suit to ensure optimal fit with the option to return up to two for a full refund. It absolutely makes no sense to rent an ill-fitting tuxedo from a rental retailer for over $100 when you could own a tuxedo made especially and fitted perfectly for your ringbearer for less $60.
- Rental Retailers do not carry true children’s sizes. What most retailers do not tell their customers is that they actually do not carry true children’s sizes in most of their suits and tuxedos, but they are not about to miss the opportunity to make a sale of several tuxedos for an entire wedding party based on that tiny detail. So, they send a suit that is really a young man’s suit that has been altered within an inch of its life by some seamstress in another country, ill-fitting in all the awful places, and try to tell the mother of the ringbearer that this is a quality item that just needs to be “taken in a little to fit your son.” Further, anybody that has ever been part of a wedding party knows that the tuxedos actually do not actually arrive at the wedding site until mere days before the ceremony, so now, this frantic mother is desperately trying to locate a professional seamstress to save this rented tuxedo, one she will enjoy the benefit of for essentially one day if she is lucky, to pay for alterations that likely will cost as much as the rented tuxedo itself. If you have ever been in a wedding party, do you recall any wedding where all of the rented tuxedos arrived on time, the groomsmen came in for the fitting, and the shopkeeper, who personally measured them himself, stood back and exclaimed, “Wow! They all just fit like a glove?” No matter the sales pitch, it just does not happen. Imagine how difficult it is when trying to make what is really an adult suit somehow fit a 5 year-old without swallowing him in the process.
- Rental Retailers have hidden fees. Rental retailers often hook couples with the idea that all the men in their ceremony will have designer Italian suits, and even the most cost-minded couples who will likely be on their honeymoon when the bill arrives, tend to overlook this cost in their wedding budget. Most of these such suits, while undoubtedly stylish, are made of wool, a heavy, unbreathable fabric with very little give for movement during the ceremony. Now, think about a summer wedding complete with a sit down dinner, and a dance floor where the wedding party celebrates the happy the couple into the wee hours of the morning. Factor in a little (or a lot) of alcohol at this special, once-in-a-lifetime event. When the men return the tuxedos or suits to the rental retailer, they often must be professionally cleaned or perhaps even have a seem or two repaired, and the rental retailer will surely charge you far more than your local dry cleaner or tailor because they are most interested in rapidly readying those suits to rent to the next wedding party. Those costs for a designer Italian wool suit could easily exceed $100. Now, think about your ringbearer rental suit. Remember the one you already spent a fortune to alter? Well, now it might have grass stains on the knees of the boys’ tuxedo trousers, wedding cream cake filling on the satin lapel, chocolate finger prints on the crisp white boys’ tuxedo shirt that the precious little ringbear used as a napkin, and a few seams that need attention after he charmed all of the bridesmaids on the dance floor. Your Rental Retailer could charge you $100 or more to clean and repair that designer Italian wool suit for your little boy just, well, being a little boy, and at Tuxgear, where we specialize in formal attire for infants, boy, and young men, we simply do not think such a secretive practice is ethical or honest.
- Rental Retailers have stringent return policies. Once the shopkeeper has already made the sale for the entire wedding party, he or she really loses interest in the customer service aspect of returning any rented suit for the ringbearer. With over three decades in the wedding industry, we have heard some horror stories about shopkeepers requiring rented tuxedos and suits to be returned before 10 AM the morning after of the ceremony when the shop itself may not open till 9 AM. Many families attend church services the morning after a Saturday wedding ceremony. Many Saturday night wedding guests are, well, suddenly stricken with dehydration and a migraine headache after the wedding and have trouble getting to the rental retailer at the designated time. Many out-of-town wedding guests are busily packing and checking out of hotels for the return voyage home and simply do not have time to adhere to this inconvenient policy. Many mothers of the ringbearer have a hysterical child on their hands that did not get enough sleep because of the exciting reception the evening before and cannot load all of the rented items and the screaming child into the minivan in order to meet that deadline. So, what happens when you miss the return deadline? You guessed it: Your Rental Retailer charges you, yet again, with a late fee you never anticipated in your budget. Tuxgear sells you the boys’ tuxedo or boys’ suit, so we happily invite you to attend church, to take some aspirin and sleep in, to throw it in your suitcase and go, or to do whatever is most convenient for your family.
- Rental Retailers hide behind local shopkeepers to trick you into believing you are getting something local. At Tuxgear, we have many customers that seem apprehensive about ordering a ringbear’s suit or ringbear’s tuxedo from a “place on the Internet,” but in reality, if you went into your local formal wear store, they are ordering from their designated men’s formalwear wholesaler, likely outside the United States, and falsely reassuring you that you are buying local . If you select your boys’ suit or boys’ tuxedo complete with suspenders and bow tie from a catalogue or portfolio inside the local vendor’s shop, you can know, in all likelihood, you are ordering some mass produced, clumsily constructed suit or tuxedo made overseas (and by overseas, we do not mean Italy) with “Made in Italy” inaccurately stitched inside the jacket. Most local vendors simply cannot afford to maintain to a warehouse with suits and tuxedos in every size and every style at all times, so they order the cheapest suit they can find on the Internet, perhaps even sew their own label somewhere on the suit, while turning around and badmouthing those American businesses that happen to be open about the practice of selling quality boys’ suits and boys’ tuxedos on the Internet. Do not be fooled. If the shop keeper cannot show you the boys’ suit or boys’ tuxedo in the precise size and style you desire in the shop at that very second, they are ordering it off the Internet, and if you are going to do that anyway, it makes the very most sense to order from Tuxgear, a business that specializes in formal attire for your son. We can even accent the boys’ suit or boys’ tuxedo with a professionally hand sewn bow tie from our elite line of products made in Meridian, Idaho, Extras So Sweet, LLC, for less than $20. View our entire Extras So Sweet, LLC, bow tie collection here: http://www.tuxgear.com/cart/extras-so-sweet/handmade-bow-ties-c-227_233.html
-Rental Retailers offer suits constructed with fabric not designed for children’s clothing. There is certainly a reason why all children’s clothing is not made out of wool or silk. These fabrics are expensive, difficult to clean, unbreathable, and completely unsuitable for an active young man. Recently, elastic waistbands have become somewhat unfashionable, even though keeping boys’ trousers in place during the ceremony seems to us to be rather ideal. At Tuxgear, we offer many of our suits in a deluxe polyester-cotton or micofiber blend, and we do so because we understand our customers. These blends allow your ringbearer to move comfortably without sweating during the ceremony and the reception and look virtually identical to but are far less expensive than their wool counterparts. Almost every Tuxgear boys’ suit or boys’ tuxedo include elastic waistbands, including those hidden and fully adjustable inside the waistline of the boys’ trousers, to, with the help of a Tuxgear boys’ belt or boys’ suspenders, keep the boys’ trousers in place while allowing him to run, to dance at the reception while keeping his pants at the waistline where they should be. Almost every single Tuxgear boys’ suit or boys’ tuxedo is machine washable on a gentle cycle and never require expensive professional cleaning. So, if you elect to purchase a Tuxgear boys’ suit or boys’ tuxedo, those grass stains on the knees are easily removable for the cost of barely a cup or scoop of laundry detergent. Although we do offer over 100 different varieties of satin or satin blend ties, we also offer many handmade deluxe 100% boys’ neck ties and boys’ bow ties from Extras So Sweet, LLC for less than $20 that are always machine washable on gentle cycle in case your little man needs to remove a little cheese or chocolate fondue from his favorite Tuxgear tie. View our entire Extras So Sweet, LLC, bow tie collection here: http://www.tuxgear.com/cart/extras-so-sweet/handmade-bow-ties-c-227_233.html